Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Who's the bumbling idiot?

I can't believe what happened yesterday.

It was so gross.

I went to Wally World to get some packing supplies, and then to the UPS store to mail out a couple of packages (UPS is great for shipping, but hell on your wallet if they pack for you, too). Upon opening the door behind the driver's seat of my suburban, the large, tight, very heavy roll of clear shipping wrap fell out of the truck, right smack onto my big toe! (I had been wearing open-toed sandals since it's not exactly cold here in southeastern GA right now).

ARGH! I was in such a hurry, and my bubble wrap had also fallen out of and rolled underneath the truck. Not only was I in pain, but I also knew I didn't have time for pain... I was on a tight schedule! `;-) So, without hesitating, I grabbed the plastic wrap, bubble wrap and boxes, and ushered my two girls into the store so we could box and send my items. (items I had just sold on ebay... I'm sure my victorious auction winners would appreciate the extent to which I stayed on task!)

My toe was killing me... but I hadn't even taken the time to look down at it.

Arriving at the front of the store, as I lifted my foot to the curb, I didn't want to, but couldn't help but catch sight of my toe. It was a bloody mess! It was really gushing, too... and started puddling into my shoe.... I couldn't stop what I was doing, though, because I didn't have any first aid... so I just let it go, hiding my toe as much as possible from other patrons, so as not to gross them out, too... :-/ My daughters giggled and teased, while I secretly hoped I wouldn't bleed out :-! Now that would have been exciting! (It really wasn't that bad - I didn't leave a trail or anything)

Delightful, isn't it? It's nothing compared to the dream I had last night... I was a character in a SAW movie, in a woodsy sort of location. I've never even seen those movies! ... Just goes to show you how our minds cope with daily events!

Lucky for me, the SAW dude in my dream was a bumbling idiot ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ow. Eww. Hate freaky dreams.