Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Why some animals eat their young

I have been way too busy these past couple of weeks. And right now I feel like I'm having a lapse in brain activity.

First of all, I've got 6 children, and am homeschooling three.

Second, I'm finishing my degree in college. I withdrew from the classes I was taking at my local university this semester because I felt, like a mother bird, that it was necessary to draw three of my chicks in under my wings.

Third, in order to complete my degree in an environment that is suitable for a homeschooling mother, I'm transferring from my local university to an online university.

Fourth, I have an ebay business.

Fifth, I'm sewing two dresses for my identical daughters who are going to a school Christmas dance on the 20th.

Sixth, SO, every day I'm:
  1. homeschooling my children
  2. telling my boys to quiet down
  3. filling out forms for transferring: credits, federal student aid, etc.
  4. telling my boys, again, to quiet down
  5. inventorying my ebay items
  6. sending my boys to their room
  7. scheduling the sale of each of my items on ebay
  8. sending my boys outside to do their rough-housing
  9. packing my ebay items
  10. calling my boys in the house because they're acting like fools outside
  11. cutting and pinning dresses
  12. waking up my husband from his much-needed nap (works graveyard shift) to sic him on the boys
  13. handing our household budget
  14. sending the boys to their room again
  15. paying bills
  16. thinking that I'm going to be in a mental institution if I have to tell my boys to calm down again
  17. .......
  18. ........
  19. .......
  20. ...............
  21. er.... blblblblblblblbl
  22. huh? ........
  23. OH, yeah...... uh......
  24. putting a hot compress on my head
  25. plugging my ears
  26. going to bed

Believe it or not, the boys actually get school work done every day, and I refrain from killing them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have you read Dr.Dobson's book "Raising Boys" ? I haven't, I've talked to moms with boys who say it is wonderful.